National Recovery Plan Guidelines for Wedding & Social Events
Phase 4 in the Klang Valley
Starting on 18 Oct 2021
Pelan Pemulihan Negara – Fasa 4
Can organize social event or not?
If you are not sure whether you can organise events now or not under Phase 4 of the National Recovery Plan – let us clarify it for you.
Seminars and Workshops
– All good here. You can organize this.
– Remember to keep your distance
– So that means capacity is to be limited to half capacity.
– everyone should be fully vaccinated
• Seminar, bengkel, kursus, latihan dan ceramah dibenarkan bagi individu yang telah lengkap menerima vaksin tertakluk kepada kapasiti ruang dengan penjarakan fizikal.
• Individu yang belum divaksin perlu menjalani pre-event test menggunakan kit ujian kendiri (saliva) sebelum hadir disaksikan oleh penganjur atau pengesahan daripada pengamal perubatan
– Social events like birthday parties, nikah, weddings, anniversaries, celebrations, reunions, etc are allowed under Phase 4.
– Please still maintain your distance
– Capacity of space is limited to 50% of total capacity
• Majlis sosial seperti kenduri-kendara, majlis sambutan perayaan, majlis meraikan pernikahan atau pertunangan, majlis perkahwinan, resepsi, majlis aqiqah, doa selamat, tahlil, sambutan ulang tahun, sambutan hari kelahiran, reunion, retreat dan lain-lain majlis sosial dibenarkan bagi individu yang telah lengkap menerima vaksin dengan 50% kapasiti ruang dan penjarakan fizikal.
• Bagi individu yang telah menerima vaksinasi lengkap dibenarkan membawa anak-anak berusia 18 tahun ke bawah dengan mematuhi protokol kesihatan umum.
Fully vaccinated means having completed vaccination for 14 days.
You are considered clear on Day 15 of the completion of your vaccination to dine-in or attend events
Yes. There isn’t a maximum on the number of guests allowed at events. You must still apply the physical distance of 1 metre from each other. So if you want to organize an event for 500 people, you would need a place that ordinarily takes 1,000 people. So 50% capacity
Size Does Matter
You can organise a wedding with up to even a 1,000 pax, but remember it’s still subject to social distancing measures. Each person should still maintain a distance of 1 metre all around from one another. Each person would then occupy a 1 square metre space.
Let us do the math for you. If the area of the space is 200 square metres, then you are allowed to have a maximum of 200 people in it. That’s 200 square metres divided by the 1 square metre space everyone is supposed to occupy. If there’s a stage in front, it reduces the space further.
If you want that in feet measurement, then 1 square metre is the approximate equivalent of 10 square feet. So if you want to host 1,000 people, you need a space that’s at the very least 10,000 square feet (not inclusive of the stage).
You should also take into account that people are of different sizes, so some extra area should be set aside. So to be safe, add another 25%. So that 10,000 square feet (or 1,000 square metres) would need to be 12,500 square feet or 1,250 square metres.
Contact Tracing & Social Distancing SOP
All participants have to be registered through the MySejahtera app.
* for those without a smartphone, they are to be registered manually
Hand sanitisers must be provided for users to disinfect their hands.
Everyone is required to wear face masks.
There should be controlled entry and exit to the event venue.